Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Testing

I have scheduled my test for this Monday, and I am very nervous and excited about it. I hope that I have studied enough to get through it! But no matter how much you know, there is always more to learn. I have been writing emails and letters to local falconers in hopes of finding someone who will allow me to hang out with them.
I have made contact with only one out of four people I wrote to, via snail mail.
He seems nice, and has invited me to come visit him and his peregrine falcon. I can't begin to describe my excitement, and everyone close to me wants me to shut up, because I am so excited about this meeting. A sponsorship may follow, but at the very least, a friendship and hunting buddy would be great too. I am nervous about it all and I am considering rethinking my idea to wait until next fall to trap a hawk. If all turns out well, it may happen long before that!!!
I am planning in my head what the mews will look like and what kind of equipment I will need to procure in order to be legal and licensed. I have some budget constraints, since Christmas is coming up and my son's 8th birthday shortly after. But I will try to do what I can with what I have and upgrade later. I will bring my camera and take pictures if my new friend allows. I can't wait till this weekend!!!

No comments: