Sunday, December 19, 2010

NO Luck trapping ...but we had a few good hits...
This bird killed one of my mice yesterday....he was mature, even with the dark belly, his tail was too red!
Here are a few pictures of an adult Red Shouldered Hawk. I honestly, from the back, thought it was just a small male RTH. Until it flew down to the trap. I was trying hard not to look at it, so it would not know what I was doing. Some of these shots came out terrific! And it was very exciting. I thought he was snagged and I came to release him, and although I was very close, he didn't fly away! He sat on top of the BC and stared me down!

This is my favorite shot....it was a gorgeous bird!
 Here is a great view of the tail.
This bird was quite stubborn. It footed and footed even as I grew closer to it. It was free and instead of really clearing out...it perched atop the swingset and stared at me while I continued to take pictures.



 Here is the bird FINALLY flying away...as you can see the cupped wings...(it is low to the ground near the base of that large vine covered tree).


 And here it is in the background trees, just landing....it did not bump as we loaded back into the truck, staring it down...this little guy was hungry!


No comments: