Sunday, December 19, 2010

 This is a gorgeous Red Shouldered Hawk (mature). He was very interested in my trap.I came to pick it up, before he could....and got this picture...love it!

This Hawk I have thrown to, and until yesterday thought it was immy.

 This is a mature Red Tail....but it was hard to really see while she was perched. The next shot, when zoomed in, shows the tail and the upper wings really well...another favorite shot! You can see the tips of the flight feathers....love it!

I really thought I had this one....this is the tree in the bottom of our pasture. I set the trap as I came up the driveway, and just drove past the barns to the trailer, and caught this shot of him from there. He flew over and landed in a nearby pine...right over the trap, then to an oak a little further away, and then he just flew off....not hungry, I guess!

 Well, these are the highlights from a long, frustrating and sometimes fun adventure in trapping...or not trapping, but trying to! I guess it pays to keep your sense of humor...it was a stressful weekend! ;)

No comments: