Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Giant Hood

I know that I am going to catch some complaints on this project.....but there are a number of reasons to do it this way. First I got this idea from an apprenticeship manual, and from The Modern Apprentice in the Giant Hood description it shows one made from a storage tub. I think mine is better.

trash can hawk box,giant hood,hawk box

here is the top of the can, where it is sloped and I plan to reattach the original trash can handle on that slope where the plastic is pretty strong. The side angles can be cut as vents, or used to install a CPU fan later, for ventilation.
I have a great idea to use truck "bed liner" as the bottom, cut to fit the can, and secured with hinges and a locking latch. This will make for easy cleaning and a nearly entirely plastic GH.
Which means that it will be light and not so awkward to carry....for me!


No comments: